Sunday, October 16, 2011

Social networking

After having my email was hacked into a couple of years ago I stopped doing Facebook. I have now gone active again with both Facebook and Linked In and in one day accu,mulated a plethora of Friends. All of this is in anticipation that fairly soon I will stop working and need, once again, to reinvent myself. Writing will be an important activity. I am trying to publish a compilation of my four Shrink stories. Three of them (Shrink, Soul Search, and Finding Jackson) have been published but I own the copyrite and can re-publish them elsewhere. A fourth story, unpublished,titled Nobody, is a fictitious account of Morrie, now retired, who finds his gravesite apparently occupied with a grave stone indicating his recent death. I will announce when I have been successful in publishing this epic. In the meantime I continue consulting at Marple Newtown School district, where I counsel with about thirty adolescents, mostly girls who challenge me constantly. I have written some of their stories but cannot publish because of privacy issues. Perhaps in a few years, when these students and grown and no one remembers or can identify them, I'll put these accounts in print. I waited about ten years before I published poems about children in placement at Elwyn, in a short book titled "Oliver Twists in America" (Publish America). Hopefully, my renewed attempt at social networking will stimulate some interest in half a dozen published but unread efforts. Interested readers can also checkout my website: www.rosenshrinksite.com (I am also promoting my private practice in Chester Springs.)

No comments:

Post a Comment