Sunday, October 23, 2011

Return of Morrie Schwartz

I have been thinking for some time of redoing my books about my character Morrie Schwartz. The two published books, "Shrink" and "Finding Jackson" had typos (I am a trerrible proff reader) and some flaws in the stories. I have written a fourth story but did not publish it after becoming disenchanted with PublishAmerica. I own the copyrites so I am able to republish. I finally decided to act and did a compilation of the four stories under one cover. "Nightmare" is the new name for the volume and it contains the four stories.

The first story, "Shrink" is the original story without the autobiographical part in the beginning. (Morrie is my alter ego.) "Soul Search" was the second part of the original volume. Morrie goes on a time travel quest for meaning, encountering seminal leaders in the history of philosophy and psychology. "Finding Jackson" was published as a sequel. Morrie treats a man with intractible pain in his arm but no identifiable organic etiology. The man identifies himself as a reincarnated Stonewall Jackson. The last story, and final adventure for Morrie, is a case of identity theft. Morrie visits his future grave site and finds it apparently occupied, with his name and date of death on the gravestone.

"Nightmare" will be self-published by Create Space (Amazon)and should be available on the Amazon website in November. I will be announcing it on Facebook and Linked In.

No comments:

Post a Comment